Annual Practicality

Here is a typical conversation I have with my husband on our anniversary, or my birthday, every year.

Me: "Hello? Hey, what's happening?"

Him: "Nothin', I'm just working. Um, were we getting gifts or anything for each other?"

(Note: It is THE DAY of the occasion)

Now, there are two responses I have to this comment:

Me #1: "No, don't worry about it (secretly hoping he will not only worry about it, but come up with something amazing last minute)."

Me #2: "I already got us a gift, it's practical; it begins with need and ends with boring."

May I present to you Example A:


"Besides a hangover, this is what I gave us for our anniversary this year."


If you look carefully, you'll notice the stylishly sleek choking hazards scattered around the base of the plant.

Comments