The Plastic House

In 40 mile an hour winds, John and I stapled a huge sheet of opaque plastic across our front windows last night to avoid any further damage to the interior of our home during this storm. You can only imagine what this has done for our curb appeal. And the ambiance inside is really phenomenal. Reminiscent of that fatal shower scene in Psycho, only bigger and brighter. Normally, no visibility in my living room would completely freak me out in a claustrophobic sort of way. But, this strange white light filtering through the 10 by 10 foot space is eerily comforting as I drink my coffee. Like being in a tanning booth with a sofa and a fireplace. I'm sure my neighbors woke up this morning wondering what the hell "those people" are up to now? One step forward, two steps back.

Comments