This Is A Bad Time

Shelby has been on an, "I can do it" kick lately. This time, she directed me out of the bathroom so she could finish her business alone. A few minutes had passed before I heard, "Mommy! Mooommmmmmyyyy!" That would be my cue. I stepped into the bathroom and noticed something on her hand, then saw it on her elbow. When I got a little closer I spotted it smeared on her potty seat, up her back and realized it was pretty much everywhere. At this moment, there was a knock at the door. NOW??? I instructed Shelby to STAY PUT and started the shower-because this kid and her potty seat needed one heck of a hose down-and opened the front door. The sandy haired woman started with "Hi, I live around the corner, and I understand you teach piano lessons?" The look on my face must have been priceless because before I could answer, she asked, "Uh, is this a bad time?"

Comments