The Darnedest Things

It was undeniably, the nicest day on the Central Coast yesterday and we weren't about to spend it sitting at home. We packed up everything but the kitchen sink and headed to the beach for a day of sun, sand, surf and lots of sunscreen. I grew up spending summer vacations in Ventura at a family beach house. I have so many fond memories of learning to body surf, chasing my sister through the "hair dunes" and building sand forts on my little brother. I hope that I can provide the same opportunity to make similar memories for my children-minus the severe sunburns, of course. And if it takes 4 trips from the car to get all of our crap out on the beach, so be it. After 5 hours of non-stop action we called it a day. Five adults, 3 surfboards, two sun tents, two hungry infants, three beached out toddlers, one cooler and a kite-it took about 7 trips to the car to load it all up again. As we said our goodbyes, Shelby's little friend, Sienna, announced, "Mommy, I have sand in my hoo haw." And then pulling her finger out of her pants, declared, "Look, it's on my finger!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
NICE! Thanks for sharing!!! :)
Gibsey said…
I figured this story NEEDED to be documented. I'll be sure to send you your cut of the earnings ASAP. Here's to sandy hoo haws and surfed out mommies. -G