A Garden Day

Today the girls and I spent the ENTIRE day on our garden. Aside from a quick trip to the hardware store for a few more plants (already mentioned in my original list), we were home and happy to be outside. I have discovered a new me, a nurturing gardening me I never knew existed. I might even buy myself a pair of those Croc things and start wearing an apron...okay, maybe that's going too far.

Savings: I avoided the local children's clothing store where I inevitably would have spent hundreds of dollars on adorable outfits my daughter's don't need. I didn't shower (therefore balancing out the excessive watering we provided the garden).

Here is what my family and I are growing:

Kentucky Blue Beans, Snap Peas, Green Bell Peppers, Radishes (simply for the sport, not really for eating, yuk!), finger carrots and carnival carrots, yellow corn, broccoli, artichokes, brussel sprouts, mesclun, green lettuce and arugula, strawberries, watermelon (thanks Kidds), lemon cucumber, red onions, basil, thyme, and parsley.

Comments