Wedding Recap

I am quite sure she was the most beautiful bride. She was glowing, she was classic, she was stunning, my little sister dressed in her wedding gown. The day was beautiful, sunny, and warm in Santa Ynez and the evening remained pleasant and calm. Calm does not however describe the days leading up to the event, all the details, the flowers, the centerpieces, the set up, the rehearsal, the sewing! Yes, the sewing!!!

I hand sewed a "Dahlia Flower" for the ring bearer and am by no means a seasoned seamstress so this was a painful and tedious task for this virgin threader. Thankfully it held together for the ceremony and she was thrilled with the look of it. Holy lotta work!!! I couldn't just do something normal like a regular pillow with a string.

Here's a pic of the pillow:

A little more gaudy and detailed than planned, but it served it's purpose after I finished it at 11:00 p.m. the night before the wedding. And hey, at that point in the evening, I just had to finish my speech!

Comments