Rodeo Diapers

I have been on the diaper rodeo tour now for five years. That's an average training day of 5 diapers per 24 hour period. That's 9,125 diaper changes on my resume.
As Ana approaches the ripe old age of two, I wrestle more and diaper change less. She twists, turns and kicks, I suppress, grumble and stronghold. I can hear the crowds cheer, the announcer commentate, "She's comin round the table, strapped the diaper, we got 4 seconds, looks like she might make the 8 second mark here, folks, her calf has bucked but she's keeping the left hand in place, this is a real veteran we're watching here folks, 7 seconds, and one more Velcro strap to stick down, can she do it? There's another fierce kick from her calf but no, her hands are up, the diaper's on! EIGHT SECONDS, she has done it again!"
This rodeo clown is well seasoned...and tired. Ana has expressed some interest in the toilet lately. The minute she stared into the porcelain bowl and said, "Peepee Potty!" a flickering light appeared at the end of my long tunnel of rodeo diaper changing. Maybe this old cow hand can retire soon. Yeehaw!

Comments