The Opposite of OCD

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is characterized by recurrent and persistent thoughts and feelings and repetitive, ritualized behaviors.
I have the opposite of OCD, I have SRS. Shiny Rock Syndrome. I can't stay focused on anything. Sufferers of SRS feel the need to start and stop multiple activities at once, never completing a task before being distracted by a new one.
While making a pot of coffee this morning I lifted the lid, dumped yesterday's grounds and then suddenly had an urge to empty the dishwasher. I hadn't even finished putting away the silverware when the half inflated pool caught my eye as it lay limply across my lawn. I abandoned my post at the dishwasher and fled into the backyard to deflate the pool. My day continued on like this until I hosted a neighbor and her daughter for a play date. For the first half hour, my SRS kept me from relaxing in the yard and holding a conversation. I was completely preoccupied by the all important distribution of playdough, then plugging in the playhouse lights, pouring a cup of coffee-wait, I never finished making the coffee....
Do all mothers suffer from SRS? Maybe it's just me...

Comments