Life At Random

I want you to know that my dream boots really are all that I imagined them. Aside from the lack of self massaging soles (yeah, for that price I think these shoes should give a little back to this owner), they are incredibly comfortable and just as fab as I had hoped. I wore them to ZAP's Grand Tasting at Fort Mason in San Francisco last weekend, for those non-winery people this is a HUGE wine tasting of Zinfandels around the country. I stood on concrete in them from 10 to 5 and never flinched. Then I added some earrings to my outfit and hit the town for dinner...without ever taking my boots off. Made it out until 10 before exhaustion set in-the kids, of course, NOT ME!

On a family note, if you haven't been to the San Francisco Cable Car Museum you should definitely add it to your itinerary. First off, the admission is FREE. Since when does that exist? And it's located ON a cable car route. Our entire family LOVED seeing how it all worked. We also LOVED Pier 39 on Fisherman's Wharf. There's the two story carousel and an amazing Houdini Magic Shop with employees who do tricks for your kids! For $10 you can watch your kid launch dangerously near the sun on a bungee trampoline. See below:


I fear the PTA is going to swallow me whole this year. I attended my first "committee meeting" and have resisted the urge to sign my soul away on the dotted line but I know the time will come. Those women are ravenous for new blood. YIKES! I'll be sure to keep you posted as my daughter's school organizes their first major fund raiser, a school wide art auction, and the sanctity of my soul.

I am horribly embarrassed by the idiots from Idaho who tried to sneak Haitian children out of Haiti last week. What assholes. Of all the lowdown, dirty, horrid acts of inhumanity during such a tragic time. Missionaries Shmissionaries, let 'em rot in jail.

Comments