Flash Time



It's been years since I posted and so much has happened and keeps happening.  Since we last chatted I've remodeled a house, started a business, idiotically added another puppy to our life, ran a few ultra marathons, reorganized my closet in one day, ended a business, became my husband's full time secretary and bookkeeper, and successfully killed 3 vacuum cleaners.  All of this seems to be reflected in my tired and gently sagging face.  And despite the constant tug of age and gravity, I keep buying the newest miracle beauty products with renewed enthusiasm.  Thanks to my new friends at the Forever35 podcast,  I'm looking for a second job to afford all the potions and serums in my bathroom drawer.
"Do I look younger?" I ask John every night after another slathering.
You know how Family Circle magazines break down the per person cost of a meal in their recipe section? "Only $1.87 per person for this healthy meal!"
My latest night time routine averages just $4.34 a night!  I should just spring for the Botox and give up on all this hoodoo voodoo.
In other news, my darling Shelby has ventured onto the high school scene this year with sparks, fireworks, and gusto.  I'm doing my damned best to embrace every moment, open our home to her friends and events, drive her everywhere she wants and needs to be, and enthusiastically support (almost) everything in her life with an open mind and heart.  So far, pretty good.  Okay, I'll admit I did call John after a recent screaming match and utter the words, "Just 3 and a half more years."
In all honesty, that kid is pretty great.  She really has the world by a string right now.  It's only matter of time before some boy comes along and does his best to derail her success.  Eeek!
My little one, Ana, is wrapping up her last year on the elementary school campus with panache.  As my dad would say, "She's feathering in, that one."  More responsible, more capable, and just plain fun these days with a full dance card every day.  11 is such a great age!
I can't wait to share more updates of life in my shoes.


Comments